We know it feels like summer just started, but the school year is right around the corner. If you want this to be your kids’ best year of school ever, then start them off right with some of these back to school tips.
- Ease into your schedule. Two weeks before the start of school, start easing everyone back into their school wake and sleep schedules.
- Make a calendar. School years are flooded with calendars, especially if you have more than one child in school. Find a way to keep everyone’s schedules organized. Try using a big white board calendar with color-coded markers for each person in the family.
- Find after school activities. Start looking into after school programs for your kids. Do they want to take dance classes, play soccer, join the science club? Some of these programs fill up quickly, so don’t wait too long.
- Turn on their brains. Reignite their young minds by taking a few trips to the library, a local museum, or other cultural attractions.
- Talk about it. If you have kids just starting school or making a big transition, like to middle school, talk about what they can expect.
Here at Southtowne Hyundai, we hope everyone has a great start to the school year.